The Parent & Family Council (PFC) is an advisory board of parents and family members which provides essential leadership at William & Mary. PFC members participate in targeted development and outreach activities and provide philanthropic support to W&M. At the biannual PFC meetings, members meet faculty and administrators in small group settings, provide helpful feedback, and learn about W&M initiatives.
- Present William & Mary’s vision to those inside and outside the Tribe community
- Be an ambassador and advocate for W&M whenever possible
- Host and attend parent receptions, dinners, lectures, or other gatherings in your local community
- Foster the education and enrichment of William & Mary students and families
- Help W&M identify and secure career opportunities for students
- Engage with your local W&M community, welcome new families, and become a resource to new and prospective parents
- Contribute time, talent, and treasure to support William & Mary
- Make a minimum annual gift of $5,000 to the Parents Fund and consider an endowment level gift during or after tenure on the Council
- Encourage others to support W&M by identifying, meeting, or soliciting parents who are willing to support W&M
- Attend two PFC meetings in the academic year
*Please note the minimum annual gift will be $10,000 to the Parents Fund beginning July 1, 2017.