Tribe Heralds help generate positive energy about William & Mary online. The purpose of this volunteer role is to extend William & Mary’s reach across multiple social networking platforms by utilizing the volunteers’ personal online communities. Heralds will be provided with content which they can copy directly to their social media platforms on a monthly basis or tweak to fit their own voice and audience.
- Post William & Mary-related stories or events once a month
- Choose from provided materials to copy/paste to your social media community, or else generate your own original content that positively extends the College’s brand
- On special occasions, post about major W&M events (Homecoming, Charter Day, One Tribe One Day, etc.) using official hashtags
- Remain a positive advocate of W&M and its goals through posts, shares, and comments
- Remain aware of and interested in current issues, trends, and events pertaining to W&M
- Provide feedback to University Advancement in order to maximize social media outreach efforts, including identification of potential volunteers and suggestions on how to improve outreach
- Follow the social media user guide
- Support William & Mary annually with a thoughtful gift of a comfortable amount
The time commitment for this role is about 5 – 30 minutes per month / 1 – 6 hours per year
This volunteer role operates on a continuous basis with an annual review at the conclusion of the academic year. You are free to join or step down at any time.
William & Mary is committed to supporting its volunteers, including providing:
- Content you can easily share to your social media platforms
- Individualized attention and support from University Advancement
- Personal and professional development through the volunteer experience
- Advanced insight into university information, including events and e-mail updates