The Alumni Admission Network, formed in the early 1980s, is a joint program of the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the William & Mary Alumni Association. The Alumni Admission Network utilizes trained alumni representatives to interact with prospective students in a variety of ways:
- Representing William & Mary at college fairs across the nation.
- Connecting with admitted students by making phone calls or sending hand written notes offering congratulations and answering questions.
- Serving as host for admitted student welcome receptions.
- Alumni Admission Network members are asked to make a minimum commitment of one year.
- Commit to attending and representing William & Mary at college fairs in your local area.
- Complete post event feedback forms. This provides important information that will inform our continued attendance at various events.
- Attend training either locally or on campus annually to refresh admission knowledge and review current university information.
- Participate in congratulatory letter campaign and/or "phonathon".
AAN Program Administrators:
- Provide up-to-date information about William & Mary.
- Supply materials needed for college fairs.
- Design and deliver annual training. This training will take one of many variations including but not limited to webinars, in person regional training and in person training on campus.
- Recruit and select new Alumni Admission Network members.
- Plan recognition events.
Alumni Admission Network Annual Cycle
| June – September
||Annual Training Sessions
| September – November
||Fall College Fairs
| March – April
||Spring College Fairs (staffed based on invitations received)
||Congratulatory calls and letters to admitted students
| May – July
||Welcome receptions for enrolling students and families (dates and locations will vary)