In 1918, the first 24 women walked through the doors of the Wren Building and made history. Since then, generations of women have followed their footsteps and have all played a vital role in shaping William & Mary’s rich legacy of achievement.
Currently, nearly 54 percent of our alumni are women and so many of them are trailblazers in their fields. They are mentors, innovators and inspiring leaders who are making a difference in their communities, the nation and world.
Founded in 2015, the Office of Alumnae Initiatives’ mission is to bolster the engagement of W&M women across the globe in a meaningful way. We are tasked with inspiring, encouraging, and empowering W&M women to give impactful time, talent and treasure in support of the mission of William & Mary.
Specifically, the Office of Alumnae Initiatives:
- Provides a touch point for W&M women who are beginning or continuing their relationship with W&M.
- Engages women in the life of W&M by connecting them with current faculty and students in ways that benefit both alumnae and students.
- Engages women with one another through regional programing providing cultural, professional, social and intellectual content. See a calendar of upcoming W&M Women events here.
- Grows women’s leadership through the Society of 1918 and connecting women with leadership opportunities at W&M.
- Celebrates the accomplishments and contributions of W&M women.
- Helps a donor find her philanthropic passion for W&M.
Are you interested in volunteering to support our W&M Women initiatives? Explore our list of volunteer opportunities.
For more information:
- Valerie Cushman, Senior Director, Alumni Engagement & Inclusion Initiatives